From client information to credit cards and even PINs and passwords, it’s hard to keep track of it all and keep it safe, which is why practitioners are discovering the Secret! encrypted storage app.
The app offers free text entry; automatic encryption at power off or after timeout; a special TAN/OTP mode; and can be used as a standalone or with handheld-desktop synchronization.
More important is the encryption; Secret! uses the built-in standard AES encryption algorithm (AES-128 with 16 byte blocksize and PKCS5/PKCS7 padding). Secret! Desktop and MacSecret iPhone also use AES encrpytion when synchronizing with these devices or when using a local file (standalone usage).
The Secret! app can be downloaded and purchased for $6.99-$9.99, depending on your platform. Check with your app store of choice, or visit the LinkeSOFT site.
Missed any of the previous Apps of the Week? View them here:
- WhatsApp Messenger -- smartphone messenger
- FolderSync – document and file storage
- Cloud Print -- printer access app
- Tempo Smart Calendar -- scheduling app
- Penultimate -- note taking/sharing app
- EchoSign -- eSignature app
- Jump Desktop -- remote desktop app
- Tweetbot -- Twitter app
- Boxer -- email app
- PrintCentral -- digital document printing app
- Save2PDF -- PDF creation app
- PDF Expert -- PDF editing and management app
- Scout GPS -- navigation app
- Timesheet -- time tracking app
- Cloud On -- MS Office app
- Super Note -- note-taker and reminder app
- Air Display -- dual monitor app
- Stickyboard 2 -- iPad whiteboarding app
- Digits Calculator -- calculator app with editable calculations
- LogMeIn -- computer remote control app
- Chrometa 4.0 -- phone time and email capture app
- Scanner Pro -- scan-from-a-mobile-device app