All Accounting Today articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to exclusive industry white paper downloads, web seminars, podcasts, blog discussions, and conference discounts. Registered members may also choose to receive our exclusive Tax Pro Today e-newsletters covering the latest breaking news, opinions from industry leaders and developing trends.
A recent report from the federal accounting industry watchdog agency, the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, found that the incidence of deficient audits performed by the Big Four accounting firms doubled in 2010, reaching a somewhat horrifying 33 percent. As a former partner at a Big Four accounting firm who has been practicing tax accounting for 35 years, I was not surprised.
Get access to this article and thousands more...
Register now for FREE site access and more
- IRS Shuts Down Electronic Filing PIN Service
- CFOs desire more strategic-thinking skills in accounting and finance professionals, survey finds
- Push to Impeach IRS Chief Koskinen Stirs Scholars' Disagreement
- IRS Warns of New Scam Involving Bogus Student Tax
- Boost Client Financial Literacy and Loyalty to Your Accounting Firm