All Accounting Today articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to exclusive industry white paper downloads, web seminars, podcasts, blog discussions, and conference discounts. Registered members may also choose to receive our exclusive Tax Pro Today e-newsletters covering the latest breaking news, opinions from industry leaders and developing trends.
Although most Americans still pay for their groceries and just about everything else in U.S. dollars, virtual currencies -- once thought to be the preferred method of payment for hackers, money launderers, and drug traffickers -- are going legit. States have become more accepting of businesses conducting transactions with digital currencies, and financial regulators have begun to issue rules on their use.
Get access to this article and thousands more...
Register now for FREE site access and more
- Transfers of Business-Owned Life Insurance Can Trigger a Tax Hit
- Bobby Jindal Introduces Plan to Tax Everybody
- Inspector General Urges IRS to Revoke PTINs of Noncompliant Tax Preparers
- Bloomberg BNA Analyzes State Tax Challenges of Cloud Computing
- Congress Eyes Impact of Tax Breaks on Rising Tuition Costs