The American Institute of CPAs has announced the 38 members of the 2013 class of its 5th annual Leadership Academy.
During the five-day program this fall in Durham, N.C., the participants will learn leadership theory and strategic planning techniques while working through complex management challenges.
AICPA chairman Richard Caturano and president and CEO Barry Melancon will join other profession leaders in engaging the participants, all under the age of 36, in discussing the profession’s current issues. The class of 2013 was selected by the AICPA from more than 120 candidates recommended by their employers, state CPA societies or both, and based on provided work history, licensure information, professional volunteer activities, community service, awards and honors, and a statement on why the academy would be important to them.
“Being selected for the AICPA’s Leadership Academy means being part of an elite group of the best and brightest young minds in the accounting profession,” stated Caturano. “These young CPAs are poised to make a positive impact in the profession, and the training they will receive will serve them well as they take the next steps in their careers.”
The AICPA Leadership Academy will be held Sept. 29 to Oct. 3 at the Washington Duke Inn in Durham.
The 2013 class, in alphabetical order:
• Mohamad Al-kawafha, PKF, Houston, TX
• Chad Allen, Acord Cox & Company, Lenexa, KS
• Tracy M. Allen, AKT LLP, Lake Oswego, OR
• Victor A. Amaya, ClearPath Accountants LLC, Littleton, CO
• Jaclyn T. Badeau, Tempur-Pedic North America LLC, Lexington, KY
• Jennifer J. Brown, GSC Agribusiness, Carroll, IA
• Tessa Carr, Arnett Foster Toothman PLLC, Charleston, WV
• Erik M. Causey, KPMG LLP, Washington, DC
• Harris Darver, McGregor & Company LLP, Columbia, SC
• Christine DeAngelis, Leone, McDonnell & Roberts, PA, Wolfeboro, NH
• Michelle B. Dooley, ThyssenKrupp Steel USA, Calvert AL
• Melissa Dunn, BBD LLP, Philadelphia, PA
• David M. Finklang, Brown Smith Wallace LLC, St. Louis, MO
• Kathryn M. Fletcher, Draffin & Tucker LLP, Atlanta, GA
• Misty L. Geer, Halliburton Energy Services, Lafayette, LA
• Amber K. Goering, Amber K. Goering, CPA, P.A., Olathe, KS
• Dena Jackson Lester Harrison, Protiviti, Orlando, FL
• Jason H. Hunter, Mantyla McReyolds, Salt Lake City, UT
• Curtis M. Johnson, Mutual of Omaha, Omaha, NE
• Brett J. Jordan, Deloitte & Touche LLP, Seattle, WA
• Heather N. Lenardson, Lenhart, Mason & Associates LLC, Casper, WY
• Rachael K. Lloyd, Emdeon, Inc., Nashville, TN
• Satyasomeswar Maruvada, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Raleigh, NC
• Elizabeth N. Mason, BeachFleishman PC, Phoenix, AZ
• Jose L. Navarro, City of Bakersfield, Bakersfield, CA
• Joshua Norris, Corkern & Norris PLLC, Jackson, MS
• Elizabeth S. Pittelkow, ArrowStream, Inc., Chicago, IL
• Iralma Pozo, Bronx Overall Economic Development Corp., Bronx, NY
• Craig S. Ralston, StoneTurn Group, Boston, MA
• Joseph M. Rugger, Jonesboro Prosthetic & Orthotic Lab, Jonesboro, AR
• Kala O. Sharp, ONEOK, Inc. and ONEOK Partners L.P., Tulsa, OK
• Kelly M. Sics, Wisconsin Dental Association, West Allis, WI
• Scott Smith, Smith, Kunz & Associates PLLC, Rexburg, ID
• Justin Thomsen, Muckel Anderson CPAs, Reno, NV
• Jeff W. Wilson, National Credit Union Administration, Alexandria, MD
• Jayme Woehl, Array Services Group, Inc. Sartell, MN
• Mary Yeager, Plattenburg & Associates, Cincinnati, OH
• David Zuidema, Dennen Steel Corporation, Grand Rapids, MI
If you have already registered to Accounting Tomorrow, please use the form below to login. When completed you will immeditely be directed to post a comment.
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.