The American Society of Women Accountants Educational Foundation announced the 2011 winners of academic scholarships.
Candidates were reviewed on leadership, character, communication skills, scholastic average and financial need.
Undergraduate, bachelor degrees or five-year scholarships were awarded to the following accounting and finance majors:
• Kristen Eagon, Southwest Baptist University
• Marcelina Hollender, LaSalle University
• Megan Hicks, University of Kansas
• Katie Anne Koser, Iowa State University
• Candice Riena Owens, Longwood University
• Nicole Ramm, University of Texas, El Paso
• Zakary Richardson, Whitworth University
• Katelin Weiers, College of St. Benedict
Two-year program/associates degree scholarships were awarded to the following students seeking an accounting or finance degree at community, state or two-year colleges:
• Jill Bartlett, Tacoma Community College
• Carenna Willmont, Santa Monica College
“We are delighted to support the next generation of accounting and finance professionals,” said Foundation Chair Cathy Allen in a statement. “The students we recognized this year represent the best and brightest students from across the county.”
The scholarships are sponsored in part by Accountemps and Robert Half Finance & Accounting.