Using humor and his own presentation style, Don Farmer will review tax developments that affect 2011 individual income tax return preparation and 2011 individual income tax planning.
Like what you see? Click here to sign up for Accounting Today's daily newsletter to get the latest news and behind the scenes commentary you won't find anywhere else.
The course includes a 700+ page reference manual, full of updated, handy information that you’ll use during the upcoming tax season and beyond.
Topics will include:
• 2011 developments that may require amended returns
• Planning ideas, including planning with new tax legislation
• Important 2011 regulations, court cases, rulings and other important non legislative developments
• Forgiveness of indebtedness exclusion provisions
• Review of new 2011 rules for claiming tax benefits for children of divorced or separated parents
• A review of the residence interest, investment interest and trade or business interest rules
• Planning for distributions from qualified plans and IRAs
• A review of the various tax benefits relating to education expenses
• Income tax aspects of divorce
• Section 1031 Alike-kind@ exchanges
• Planning with long-term capital gains and qualified dividend income
• Planning with the section 121 gain exclusion for a principal residence (including new rules causing gain to be triggered because of non-residence use)
• A review of the home office and hobby loss rules
The conference takes place November 21-22 at Hyatt Regency DTC in Denver. For more information, visit