The Washington Society of CPAs’ Fraud Conference, co-sponsored by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – Puget Sound Chapter, will share real life fraud case studies and give CPAs and financial professionals the techniques and information needed to detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
Like what you see? Click here to sign up for Accounting Today's daily newsletter to get the latest news and behind the scenes commentary you won't find anywhere else.
Featured sessions and speakers include:
• Understanding Embezzlement in the Workplace: Stories from a Fraud Examiner’s Career - Joseph R. Dervaes, president, Pacific Northwest Chapter/ACFE
• Credit and Debit Card Skimming - Shelby Shearer, detective, Fraud Division, Bellevue Police Department
• The State Auditor’s Office Mission and Fraud Program - Brian Sonntag, Washington State Auditor
• Cases from the State Auditor’s Office Fraud Program - Jim Brittain, director of special investigations, Administrative Management Division, Washington State Auditor’s Office
• Getting to the Truth: A Securities Fraud Case Study - Robert Kondrat, staff attorney, Securities Division, Washington State Department of Financial Institutions and Robert Kondrat, staff attorney, Securities Division, Washington State Department of Financial Institutions
• The Insurance Commissioner’s Office Insurance Fraud Program and Insurance Fraud Case Study - Mitch Barker, director, Special Investigations Unit, Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner
This conference qualifies for eight technical CPE credits and takes place December 2 at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue, Wash. For more information, visit http://www.wscpa.org/content/FDC.aspx.