The Washington Society of CPAs is hosting a new Healthcare Conference, co-sponsored by the AHIA Association of Healthcare Internal Auditors.
Like what you see? Click here to sign up for Accounting Today's daily newsletter to get the latest news and behind the scenes commentary you won't find anywhere else.
Nationally recognized experts in the health care accounting and internal auditing field will provide the latest information accounting and internal audit professionals need to stay aware of regulations, reform and best practices in the health care industry.
Featured sessions and speakers include:
• Health Care: Where are We Headed and How Should We Plan for the Future? - William Freedman, JD, Partner, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
• Preparing for OCR Investigations and Audits - Doron Rotman, CPA, CIPP, CISA, CISM, CIA, CGEIT, Managing Director, KPMG LLP
• ICD-10 Readiness and Impacts - Christine Kessler, Director of ICD-10 Readiness, Seattle Children’s Hospital
• The Path Toward Value-Based Health Care - Robert Grannum, CPA, and Mary Wright, CPA, Partners, Moss Adams LLP
• Construction and Expansion in These Ever Changing Times: An Interactive Case Study - Daniel Frein, CPA, Partner, and David Schuh, CPA, Partner, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
• Health Insurance Exchange: Understanding the Rules and Potential Outcomes for Providers and Employers - Daniel Frein, CPA, Partner, and Robert Schile, CPA, Partner, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
• Panel: Internal Audit Best Practices - Gary Flaming, CPA, Providence Health & Services; Julie Fry, MHA, CHC, CPC, Virginia Mason Health System; Catherine Wakefield, CPA, FHFMA, CIA, CHC, CRMA, MultiCare Health System; Elizabeth Masnari, CPA, Providence Health & Services (moderator)
• Current Developments in Federal and Washington State Taxes for Healthcare Organizations - Bob Heller, JD, LL.M, Principal, and Sara Elizabeth Hyre, CPA, MBA, Shareholder, Clark Nuber PS
• Meaningful Use 101 - Louise Welch, Senior Information Technology Auditor, Johns Hopkins University
• Recent Developments in Healthcare Fraud and Enforcement - Glen Moyers, CPA, Partner, Forensic Services, KPMG LLP
This conference qualifies for 8 technical CPE credits and takes place May 18 at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue, Wash. For more information, visit https://www.wscpa.org/public/catalog/CourseDetails.aspx?courseID=12121014.