The Washington Society of CPAs’ International Tax Conference will explain the new laws, rules and trends affecting international tax practice.
Like what you see? Click here to sign up for Accounting Today's daily newsletter to get the latest news and behind the scenes commentary you won't find anywhere else.
Recognized experts in this field will share practical information that CPAs, tax advisors, attorneys, financial officers and other tax professionals need to know to advise clients in today’s global economy. Featured sessions and speakers include:
• Overview of International Taxation - Gretchen Compston, CPA, Director, Deloitte Tax LLP
• PFICs: The Details, the Pitfalls, the Solutions, and the Reporting - Edwin Green, JD, LLM, Principal, International Tax Services, Deloitte Tax LLP
• IRS Offshore Compliance and FATCA Reporting Requirements Update - Darek Jarski, JD, LLM, LeSourd & Patten, PS and Robert McCallum, JD, LLM, President, LeSourd & Patten PS
• Use of Partnerships in International Joint Ventures - Gary Tober, JD, LLM, Owner, Garvey Schubert Barer
• When is the EB-5 Program a Good Option for Your International Clients or Projects? - Henry Liebman, President and CEO, American Life, Inc.
• Canadian Cross Border Issues - David Cender, CA, CPA, Corporate Partner, KNV
Chartered Accountants LLP
• Recent Developments in International Taxation - Michael Ferguson, Partner, International Tax Services, Ernst & Young LLP
This conference qualifies for 8 technical CPE credits and takes place May 14 at the Bell Harbor International Conference Center on the waterfront in Seattle. For more information, visit https://www.wscpa.org/Public/Catalog/CourseDetails.aspx?courseID=12121016.