At the Washington Society of CPAs’ 2012 Governmental Accounting and Auditing Conference, co-sponsored by the Association of Government Accountants – Seattle Chapter, recognized experts in the governmental industry will review recent changes and trends affecting local government accountants and provide essential guidance on hot topics, such as new and pending standards.
Like what you see? Click here to sign up for Accounting Today's daily newsletter to get the latest news and behind the scenes commentary you won't find anywhere else.
Featured sessions and speakers include:
• Auditing Standard Update - Heather Keister, CPA, CIA, Assistant Director, GAO
• GASB Update - Jeff Bridgens, CPA, Practice Fellow, Governmental Accounting Standards Board
• Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC) and Auditing Standards Update - Scott Simpson, CPA, Partner, Moss Adams LLP
• Reporting Governmental Funds: GASB 54 - C. Phillip Parks, Assistant Audit Manager, State Audit Team, Washington State Auditor’s Office
• 10 Leading Practices in Performance Measurement that Governments are Slow to Adopt - Brian Willet, Performance Analyst, Washington State Auditor’s Office
• Economic Update - Eric Swenson, Senior Economist, Washington State Economic and Revenue Forecast Council
• The State of the State’s Pension Systems - Matt Smith, EA, FCA, MAAA, State Actuary, Office of the State Actuary
• Overcoming Imperfect Data and Finding a Story: GAO’s Review of Aviation Safety at and near Airports - Molly Laster and Brooke Leary, Senior Analysts, GAO
This conference qualifies for 16 technical CPE credits and takes place April 20-21 at the Courtyard Marriott in Tacoma, Wash. For more information, visit https://www.wscpa.org/public/catalog/CourseDetails.aspx?courseID=12121013.