Managing partners and firm leaders will confront the major issues facing the accounting profession and learn growth strategies for 2013 and beyond at the Massachusetts Society of CPAs’ New England Practice Management Conference. This three-day partner retreat will be held on November 28–30 at the MGM Conference Center and Casino in Connecticut.
Like what you see? Click here to sign up for Accounting Today's daily newsletter to get the latest news and behind the scenes commentary you won't find anywhere else.
Keynote speaker Michael Platt, publisher of the award-winning newsletter, INSIDE Public Accounting and founder of AccountingWeb kicks off the retreat with a power-packed opening session. Platt’s 25-year career has brought bright ideas, resources and information to thousands of accountants worldwide. In his keynote address, Platt will reveal secrets and trends of top accounting firms and offer practical solutions firms need to gain an advantage over their competitors, attract new clients and increase their profits.
“This partner retreat is an opportunity for leaders to dive deeply into the issues that plague their firms, identify opportunities for growth and learn new ways to expand their firm’s profitability and performance,” said MSCPA president and CEO Theodore Flynn.
From succession planning to social media, the retreat will focus on key issues for managing an accounting practice including:
• Communication and relationship building
• Strategy execution and rewarding firm leaders
• Mergers and acquisitions
• Recruiting and retaining top talent
• Social media to generate business
• Succession planning and developing future leaders
• Technology: Keeping pace with the latest developments and the best software for accounting firms.
Attendees will also hear from some of the nation's top thinkers on managing an accounting practice including:
• Jim Ayraud, CPA, CEO and founder, Next Level, Inc.
• Roman Kepczyk, director of consulting services, XCentric
• Allan Koltin, president and CEO, Koltin Consulting Group, Inc., founding member, The Advisory Board
• Eda Roth, actress and professional communications consultant
• Jennifer Wilson, co-founder and partner, ConvergenceCoaching, LLC
For more information and to register online, visit www.mscpaonline.org/map.