Grant Thornton has expanded its presence in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Cyprus and the Isle of Man. Over the course of seven months leading up to April 30, 2014, the firm completed 17 deals including:
- The London based analytics firm Local Futures Group, which supports a strategic shift to holistic business advice for private and public sector clients.
- The formerly traded KPMG Cairns merged with the audit, tax and advisory practice of Grant Thornton Australia. The combination increased its services and geographical coverage of Northern Australia.
- In Canada, the firm acquired Horwich Rossiter in Halifax, Haley in Novia Scotia and Lemire Morin Tremblay in Gatineau.
- In Cyprus, Grant Thornton merged with Mouzouris & Polyviou Ltd, specializing in serving small and mid-sized businesses across a range of industries including construction, property, investment holding and financing.
- Grant Thornton in the Isle of Man doubled in size due to its merger with BDO and revenues are expected to increase by over 70 percent.