Highlights from some of our favorite tax bloggers this week, and their various signs of the times.
Like what you see? Click here to sign up for Accounting Today's daily newsletter to get the latest news and behind the scenes commentary you won't find anywhere else.
- Liberty Tax Blog: What the American Taxpayer Relief Act means for the average Joe or Josephine, plus making a resolution out of faster refunds.
- Rubin on Tax: The Devil’s in the details for high earners: Wage workers are about to get trimmed by the extra 2 percent in take-home pay, but high earners will also now to be hit with the additional .9 percetn Medicare surtax.
- Tax, Society & Culture: An eye-opening chart spells out the average 2013 tax break from the cliff deal, adding the question about economic class that’s on everyone’s mind: “What about the middle?”
- A Taxing Matter: “The denouement of the fiscal cliff debate behind us (and not, I regret, with the best results),” blogger
- Linda Beale explores how the right’s agenda “is about as far from fiscal conservatism as anything can be…”
- Tax Girl: The IRS’s two cents on the deal, garnished with no promises about the beginning of tax season.
- Taxfactor: Finally, fiscal made funny: A summary of the cliff deal, plus a video featuring Montgomery Burns.
- Tax Vox: A handy calculator to help figure out what the deal meant for various types of clients and their taxes. Worth a look for the drawings of clients alone.
- H&R Block Blog: Clients Don’t Know What Clients Don’t Know Department: A quick primer on how to determine taxable income. It may seem basic to preparers, but an informed client is a client you can work with faster and often charge the same prep rate.
- Solutions for CPA Firm Leaders: Yes, busy season is just cranking up. But the sun will be hot and the birds a-twittering before you know it, and now’s the time to take time to decide how and in what directions to grow your firm and practice after tax time.
- Don’t Mess with Taxes: The 2013 tax season certainly will be a bit more challenging since Congress took so long to wrap up 2012 tax laws. But starting now and running through the filing deadline you’ll find daily tax tips here to make the crazy season a little less crazy.
- The RTRP blog: First-hand report by guest blogger Shelley C. about taking the test. I believe the word “frustrating” is bandied about … .