Recent highlights from some of our favorite tax bloggers:
Click here to sign up for Tax Pro Today's eNewsletter to get the latest news and behind the scenes commentary you won't find anywhere else.
Twinkies, rollovers, the golden years
- Don’t Mess with Taxes: Who says it’s time to retire? Not your bank account.
- A Taxing Matter: “Jack Cummings, General Utilities Repeal, and Treasury's Rollover.”
- Tax Girl: Death of the Twinkie?
- Beancounter Ramblings: No! Not the Twinkie?!
- TaxProf Blog: And the deductibility of advertising Twinkie-like stuff.
- The Tax Factor: Sandy scams and EITC warnings.
- Mauled Again: “Taxation of Medical Study Payments,” plus when tax meets the demands of a law practice.
- Tax Policy: Dividend income by state, and the taxing of pot.
- IRS Problem Solver Blog: Leave-based IRS deductible donations.
- Taxes at About.com: Five ways to cut exposure to the Medicare surtax.
- Drake Software blog: TIGTA’s report and tidbits from the 2012 season.
- Expatriatetaxreturns.com: The punch of the U.S. Hire Act.
- Taxes for Expats: The U.S. joins with more than 50 jurisdictions to curb offshore tax evasion.
- International Tax Blog: Mexican Land Trust not a “trust” for American tax purposes.
- Tax, Society & Culture: Finding leadership for Canada’s tax-evasion problem.
The new era
- Tax Vox: The president’s revenue targets clarified.
- The Wandering Tax Pro: Deducting Sandy-related volunteering expenses.
- Rubin on Tax: The Wandry rollercoaster.
- Solutions for CPA Firm Leaders: Hiring them is easy, listening to them hard.
- Taxable Talk: The debt/pension shell game in Illinois. Plus, Phoenix woos California businesses.