Recent highlights from some of our favorite tax bloggers:
Like what you see? Click here to sign up for Accounting Today's daily newsletter to get the latest news and behind the scenes commentary you won't find anywhere else.
Twinkies, rollovers, the golden years
- Don’t Mess with Taxes: Who says it’s time to retire? Not your bank account.
- A Taxing Matter: “Jack Cummings, General Utilities Repeal, and Treasury's Rollover.”
- Tax Girl: Death of the Twinkie?
- Beancounter Ramblings: No! Not the Twinkie?!
- TaxProf Blog: And the deductibility of advertising Twinkie-like stuff.
- The Tax Factor: Sandy scams and EITC warnings.
- Mauled Again: “Taxation of Medical Study Payments,” plus when tax meets the demands of a law practice.
- Tax Policy: Dividend income by state, and the taxing of pot.
- IRS Problem Solver Blog: Leave-based IRS deductible donations.
- Taxes at About.com: Five ways to cut exposure to the Medicare surtax.
- Drake Software blog: TIGTA’s report and tidbits from the 2012 season.
- Expatriatetaxreturns.com: The punch of the U.S. Hire Act.
- Taxes for Expats: The U.S. joins with more than 50 jurisdictions to curb offshore tax evasion.
- International Tax Blog: Mexican Land Trust not a “trust” for American tax purposes.
- Tax, Society & Culture: Finding leadership for Canada’s tax-evasion problem.
The new era
- Tax Vox: The president’s revenue targets clarified.
- The Wandering Tax Pro: Deducting Sandy-related volunteering expenses.
- Rubin on Tax: The Wandry rollercoaster.
- Solutions for CPA Firm Leaders: Hiring them is easy, listening to them hard.
- Taxable Talk: The debt/pension shell game in Illinois. Plus, Phoenix woos California businesses.