New York (Aug. 31, 2004) -- With privacy services a burgeoning practice discipline for CPAs, the American Institute of CPAs is offering a series of privacy-related resources to help its members learn more about privacy services and how to incorporate them into their practices.
“Privacy services are a terrific new service area for CPAs,” said Everett Johnson, chair of the AICPA’s Privacy Task Force. “CPAs are in a unique position to examine privacy practices, help entities manage privacy risk and help them turn sound privacy practices into a marketplace advantage.”
The institute offerings include:
* “Understanding and Implementing Privacy Services: A CPA’s Resource.” A reference of procedures controls, methods and tools for providing value-added privacy services for all types and sizes of entities. The implementation guide and accompanying CD build on the body of knowledge contained in the Privacy Framework developed jointly by the AICPA and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. “Understanding and Implementing Privacy Services” is available to AICPA members at www.cpa2biz.com for $139.
* “Privacy Issues for Business: Whose Information Is It Anyway?” The popular AICPA Webcast is available on CD-ROM for $49 at www.cpa2biz.com.
* “E-Mail and the Law.” This article, by Sagi Leizerov, Ph.D., of Ernst & Young, which appeared in the August issue of the Journal of Accountancy, explores the emergence of spam-related regulations, how the AICPA/CICA Privacy Framework can serve as a tool for meeting the regulatory challenges, and how CPAs can counsel their clients. The article can be accessed at http://www.aicpa.org/pubs/jofa/aug2004/leizerov.htm.
-- WebCPA staff
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access