Practitioners and consultants looking for new ways to message colleagues and clients have discovered the WhatsApp Messenger, a smartphone messenger available for Android, iPhone, Windows Phones, and Blackberry, which uses 3G or WiFi (when available) to deliver any message to any other phone on any other network.
Users can switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages without worrying about a message count.
WhatsApp also offers group messaging with add or remove features; no international charges; integration with your existing phone address book; saved messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use; timestamps; chat history; and virtually no delay in messaging since the app uses the Internet and not a phone system.
The app itself is free to download and use for the first year on all smartphone operating systems, then $0.99 per year after that.
Missed any of the previous Apps of the Week? View them here:
- FolderSync document and file storage
- Cloud Print -- printer access app
- Tempo Smart Calendar -- scheduling app
- Penultimate -- note taking/sharing app
- EchoSign -- eSignature app
- Jump Desktop -- remote desktop app
- Tweetbot -- Twitter app
- Boxer -- email app
- PrintCentral -- digital document printing app
- Save2PDF -- PDF creation app
- PDF Expert -- PDF editing and management app
- Scout GPS -- navigation app
- Timesheet -- time tracking app
- Cloud On -- MS Office app
- Super Note -- note-taker and reminder app
- Air Display -- dual monitor app
- Stickyboard 2 -- iPad whiteboarding app
- Digits Calculator -- calculator app with editable calculations
- LogMeIn -- computer remote control app
- Chrometa 4.0 -- phone time and email capture app
- Scanner Pro -- scan-from-a-mobile-device app
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access