Worker confidence among accounting and finance professionals rose in August, as the group's Hudson Employment Index increased 5.9 points to 112.5. The latest reading is more than 10 points higher than a year ago.
The national index also rose 1 point, to 102.9 in August. The index measures employee confidence monthly in a survey of approximately 9,000 workers nationwide across all industries.
The i ndex for accounting and finance workers also showed:
- The number of workers expecting their companies to lay off staff fell 5 points, from 20 percent in July, to 15 percent in August, a record low for the group;
- There was a 7-point jump, to 37 percent of workers, expecting hiring;
- Three-quarters of workers were not concerned about job loss in August, up 3 points from 72 percent in July; and,
- After a record-high 25 percent of employees described their finances as excellent in July, just 18 percent made that same claim in August.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access