FAO Research Inc., which focuses on the finance and accounting outsourcing market, announced the publication of its annual report profiling and analyzing the businesses of all full-service outsourcing providers.
IBM and Accenture topped the research company’s rankings of distinguished outsourcers in a market that FAO Research sees as immature compared to other business process areas.
The study compiles direct information from the 14 largest FAO service providers worldwide -- Accenture, ACS, Capgemini, EDS, ExlService, Genpact, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, OPI, Infosys BPO, TCS, Wipro, WNS and Xansa – and, in combination with input from lawyers and consultants, analyzes each firm’s distinct capabilities, overall success in 2006, current challenges and growth potential in the market.
The report is the first of 17 studies to be published by FAO Research this year. Among the trends in service provider activity it cites are:
- Increased buyer interest in FAO services -- with service providers, software vendors and other experts posturing for market share;
- Service providers moving up the FAO services value chain by providing strategic, enhanced, complex offerings; and,
- Acquisitions, partnerships, organic business expansion and innovative ventures/ operational structures becoming common strategies for suppliers to achieve differentiation.
The analysis also posits that the biggest competition all suppliers face are the home-grown solutions being developed by prospective clients.The 250-page report, “Financing & Accounting Outsourcing Supplier Competitive Analysis and Profiles 2007,” is available from FAO Research for $4,000, or as part of an annual subscription package.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access