The Internal Revenue Service announced the selection of 16 new members for its advisory council. The appointees will join 11 returning members who are in the last year of a three-year term.The council members are scheduled to meet in Washington, D.C., several times in 2007, with a report to be provided during a public meeting on Nov. 15.
The 16 new appointed members are:
* Herbert N. Beller, a partner with Sutherland, Asbill & Brennan.
* Marsha Blumenthal, a professor of Economics at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota.
* Michael P. Boyle, a former finance vice president with Microsoft Corp.
* Charles Christian, a professor at Arizona State University currently serving as director of the Arizona State School of Accountancy.
* Francis X. Degen, an enrolled agent and the owner of Francis X. Degen EA.
* Andrew B. Lyon, a PricewaterhouseCoopers principal and a partner in the National Economic Consulting Group.
* Lillian F. Mills, an associate professor at the University of Texas at Austin.
* Daniel T. Moore, a senior accountant and chief financial officer for the Moore Agency Inc.
* Robert G. Nath, the managing member of Robert G. Nath PLLC.
* George A. Plesko, an associate professor of accounting with the University of Connecticut.
* Donna Rodriguez, manager of Donna L. Rodriguez PLLC.
* John S. Satagaj, the principal of John S. Satagaj, Attorney at Law.
* John Karl Scholz, a professor with the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
* Philip M. Tatarowicz, a partner with Ernst & Young.
* Eric J. Toder, a senior fellow with the Urban Institute and an adjunct professor at the Georgetown Public Policy Institute.
* George K. Yin, the Edwin S. Cohen Distinguished Professor of Law and Taxation at the University of Virginia.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access