Q&A with Matt Kenney, Principal at RSM US LLP
RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with 9,000 people in 86 offices nationwide. It is a licensed CPA firm and the U.S. member of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax and consulting firms with more than 38,300 people in over 120 countries. RSM is a multi-year award winner of NetSuite’s partner of the year award given annually to its top partners.
1) What qualifies partner as the VAR of the month? RSM has successfully supported hundreds of NetSuite clients through implementation and optimization projects. It is uniquely positioned as the largest NetSuite partner which has created an organization with national reach and local delivery to service its clients. RSM was recently authorized by NetSuite to build eCommerce websites on NetSuite’s SuiteCommerce Advanced platform joining an elite group of Commerce Agency Program partners as the only CPA firm able to develop such sites. Creating partnerships with companies such as Dell Boomi have allowed RSM to extend NetSuite with deep integration and customization requirements.
2) What makes you successful? We bring an unmatched client-centric focus to every engagement. We build rich, enduring relationships based on a profound understanding of our clients, their strategies and their aspirations. Because when clients are deeply understood, they are empowered to move forward with confidence. Through our Advise, Deliver, Manage philosophy we are able to work closely with our clients to understand the complex business challenges they face, and then partner with them to achieve their strategic business objectives. Much of our NetSuite success comes from our deep industry knowledge in the High Tech, Wholesale Distribution and Life Sciences industries.
3) How are you growing your firm? How do you plan to continue to grow? RSM’s success has come from happy clients. We’ve been fortunate to receive referrals from our clients because of the reputation and quality of work that we’ve performed. Our clients have been advocates for us because of the high levels of satisfaction that they’ve achieved. As NetSuite matures, we are seeing repeat buyers as clients’ careers take them to new companies that can benefit from Cloud ERP. Growth requires great consultants as well as great clients. We are constantly looking for the best people who understand business and technology and are able to provide unparalleled service to our clients. We find that a clear focus on client success is a great recruiting tool.
4) What opportunities do you see in the market? Clients want to focus on growing their business and not on the IT function. We are able to provide ongoing NetSuite support that creates efficiencies in operations and frees up client resources to pursue growth strategies. As a CPA firm, working alongside our Tax and Assurance professionals provides us the ability to guide our clients through their business challenges. Prospects are increasingly realizing that a business and IT strategy should precede and drive a business system implementation. With the recent acquisition of NetSuite by Oracle, we see a validation in the market for NetSuite to pursue larger companies while still remaining focused on the middle market.
For more information, visit www.rsmus.com/netsuite
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access