Accounting Today and accounting recruitment and job site Accountingfly have announced Advance 2014: The Accounting Career Summit, a week-long event featuring a series of high-profile webinars on recruitment, retention and the accounting job market, culminating in an online job fair.
Starting on August 11, Advance 2014 will feature two webinars a day one for accounting firms looking to recruit and retain the best talent, and one for accountants looking to boost their careers and a final one on the morning of August 14, before the online job fair launches from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
The virtual job fair will allow job-seeking accountants and firms with open positions to interact; chat in one-on-one conversations; exchange information like resumes and job descriptions; and generally build wider and stronger relationships across the profession.
Firms and other employers can set up virtual booths in the Advance 2014 platform to share information, and job-seekers will be able to view those booths in the days running up to the August 14 job fair.
The webinars will feature the latest tips and strategies on building a stronger career in accounting, recruiting and retaining top talent, and the opportunities available to CPAs and accountants both in public accounting and beyond.
Speakers and panelists for the webinars include:
- Darren Root, president of Root & Associates.
- Andy Armanino, managing partner of Armanino.
- Richard Berkowitz, CEO of Berkowitz Pollack Brant.
- Bill Hagaman, managing partner and CEO of WithumSmith+Brown.
- Rebecca Ryan, resident futurist at the Alliance for Innovation.
- Rita Keller, president and founder of Keller Advisors.
- Bruce Tulgan, founder of RainmakerThinking Inc.
- Jeff Phillips, co-founder and CEO of Accountingfly.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access