Despite all the tactics we suggested in our last issue, some level of stress is unavoidable - and can hurt your staff. When stress rears its ugly, wild-eyed head, here are two tactics to consider:* Force them to take breaks. It may be tempting to let your staff grab lunch at their desks, stay at the office far into the night and forego vacations, but it can also burn them out. And it's just as important to avoid too much of this yourself - for your own health, and because staff will take their cue from you.
* Keep them healthy. Losing an employee for a sick day is worse than losing them for an hour at the gym. Start a wellness program or subsidize gym memberships, start an informal walking group, or start a firm team for a sports league.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access