The Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance announced the recipients of its 2017 Women Who Count Awards during the organization's annual Women Who Count Awards luncheon, held October 30 in Alexandria, Virginia.
The annual award ceremony recognizes female leaders in the profession who not only set examples in their "companies and communities," but who have also "earned the trust and respect of their clients and peers," according to the Alliance.
“Our members succeed as we encourage and empower them to take on challenges for personal and professional growth," said AFWA national president, Lori Kelley, per a statement. "I could not be more proud to celebrate these brilliant women. Their work exemplifies the values that define our organization, and the impact we as women hope to make in the profession.”
The 2017 Women Who Count Awards recipients are as follows:
- Emerging Leader: Jennifer Brodmann - PhD candidate/dissertation fellow, the University of New Orleans, New Orleans, La.
- Industry Professional: Grace Staten - marketing director, MassMutual, San Diego, Calif.
- Public Practice Professional: Kelly Haden - manager, Ericksen Krentel, New Orleans, La.
- Woman of the Year: Dr. Marilyn Willis - professor emeritus, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Tenn.
For more on the awards and this year's winners, head to AFWA's site here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access