Five female CPAs from Illinois and six from New Mexico are recipients of the first "Women to Watch" awards, co-sponsored by the Work/Life and Women's Initiatives Executive Committee of the American Institute of CPAs, the Illinois CPA Society and the New Mexico Society of CPAs.
The new program highlights the accomplishments of women in the CPA profession. There are two categories of awards -- experienced leaders, given to more established members of the profession, and emerging leaders, for new professionals.
"These winners are not only distinguished members of their respective organizations, they serve as role models for all women in the profession," said Linda Bergen, chair of the AICPA Work/Life and Women's Initiative Executive Committee, in a statement.
Staffing firm Robert Half International Inc. will award sponsorships in each of the 11 winners' names to the schools of their choice. More information about the program may be found at www.aicpa.org/worklife .
The following are the 2005 experienced leader recipients:
- Terri Bobek, a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Chicago;
- Debra Hopkins, a professor of accounting at Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Ill.;
- Karen Kurek, managing director at RSM McGladrey, Schaumburg, Ill.;
- Judith Meguire, Chicago director of tax practice, AmEx TBS;
- Rosane "Bobbi" Hayes, partner, Accounting & Consulting Group, Albuquerque;
- Barbara Lewis, shareholder and audit department head at Atkinson & Co. Ltd., Albuquerque;
- Kimberly Nunley, managing partner at Grant Thornton LLP, Albuquerque;
- Cynthia Reinhart, managing partner at KPMG, Albuquerque; and,
- Judith A. Wagner, director of litigation and valuation services, Meyners + Co., Albuquerque.
Emerging leader recipients are:
- Laura Thonn, manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Chicago; and,
- Suzette Longfellow, senior manager at KPMG, Albuquerque.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access