The American Institute of CPAs has announced the winners of the 2004 Elijah Watt Sells Awards, presented annually to the candidates earning the highest cumulative scores on the four sections of the Uniform CPA Examination. The candidates must have completed testing during the previous calendar year and passed each exam section on their first attempt.
The 2004 award winners are:
- Michael J. Becker, a Georgia candidate from Clearwater, Fla.; a graduate of the University of South Florida and employed by Deloitte & Touche in Tampa.
- David Eads, a Texas candidate from Fort Worth, Texas; a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and employed by PricewaterhouseCoopers in Fort Worth.
- Eric Daniel Hessler, a Virginia candidate from Reston, Va.; a graduate of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and employed by PricewaterhouseCoopers in Tysons Corner, Va.
- Laura Ann McClure, a Texas candidate from Fort Worth, Texas; a graduate of Texas Christian University and employed by Deloitte and Touche.
- Katie Eileen McDermott, an Illinois candidate from Oak Forest, Ill.; a graduate of the University of Notre Dame and employed by Pricewaterhouse Coopers.
- Christopher Rohrich, a North Dakota candidate from Maple Grove, Minn.; a graduate of the University of North Dakota and employed by PricewaterhouseCoopers in Minneapolis.
- Olya Stuber, a Minnesota candidate living in Minnetonka, Minn.; a graduate of the University of Northern Iowa and employed by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Xin Amanda Yuan, an Illinois candidate living in Summit, N.J.; a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and employed by Lucent Technologies in Murray Hill, N.J.
- Yan Zhang, an Illinois candidate from Edison, N.J.; a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and employed by DPM Mellon.
The award was created in 1923 to honor Elijah Watt Sells, one of the country's first CPAs under the provision of a New York State law enacted in 1896 and a leader in advancing professional education.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access