The top-scoring candidates on the 2005 Uniform CPA Examination have been announced by the American Institute of CPAs.
The 10 candidates, who earned the highest cumulative scores on the four section of the exam, receive the Elijah Watt Sells Award. The award was created in 1923 to honor Sells, one of the country's first CPAs under the provision of a New York State law enacted in 1896 and a leader in advancing professional education. He was active in the establishment of the AICPA and was a founder of New York University's School of Commerce, Accounts and Finance.
Award recipients must have completed testing during the calendar year and passed each exam section on their first attempt.
The 2005 award winners include:
- Steven C. Anderson, a graduate of Case Western Reserve University, employed by Howard, Wershbale & Co. in Cleveland;
- Melissa Bylsma, a graduate of the University of Michigan, employed by PricewaterhouseCoopers in Chicago;
- Mark Raymond Danielson Jr., a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, employed by Ernst & Young in Dallas;
- Elizabeth A. Diehl, a graduate of Pensacola Christian College, employed by Mason Enterprises in Huntsville, Ala.;
- Adina Mitnick Hollander, a graduate of Towson University, employed by PwC in Baltimore;
- William Harris Leder, a graduate from the University of Texas at Austin, employed by E&Yin Dallas;
- Kristin Danielle St. Raymond, a graduate of the University of Arizona, employed by KPMG in Phoenix;
- Hazel M. Tucker, a graduate of the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, the University of South Africa, the University of Pretoria and Edinburgh Business School, who is employed by InvesTools in Draper, Utah;
- Steven W. Utke, a graduate of Bucknell University, who is employed by E&Y in Philadelphia; and,
- Peter E. Wick, a graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, who is employed by Virchow Krause in Appleton, Wisc.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access