Accounting, consulting and technology firm Crowe Horwath introduced a Crowe Model Risk Manager solution that facilitates financial institutions' model risk management process while providing insight into the complex inter-relationship of models across the enterprise, in a single view.
The solution was built to meet the requirements in the latest supervisory guidance while enabling finance companies to: identify and inventory models and understand model risk; develop, monitor and validate models; and deploy effective model governance and control.
“Financial institutions can have hundreds, if not thousands, of models, making model risk management incredibly complex and challenging,” stated Brian Kloostra, a principal in the Crowe Risk Consulting group. “We combined our technology background with our extensive experience working with financial institutions to develop a solution that supports sound practices and provides the automation required for effective model governance. This gives financial institutions a consistent way to identity, manage and mitigate model risk while meeting regulatory and business requirements.”
Crowe Model Risk Manager components include:
- Support for complex hierarchies and linkages of models and model elements
- Maintaining and logging changes made to model design, inputs, outputs, thresholds, parameters and documentation
- Tracking the history of model deployment at each stage while showing the lineage of implemented models, versions and parameters
- Tracking of inputs and outputs to trigger alerts regarding anomalies, issues and required actions
- Collecting results, issues and action items to confirm necessary changes in development and implementation processes
- Collecting results, recommendations, issues and action items to track changes made to models
- Predefined reports, dashboards and charts, and the ability to create custom reports
More information on the Crowe Model Risk Manager is available here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access