EY announced a new strategic relationship with Microsoft to provide new and innovative services to companies globally.
The services will leverage EY’s practices in analytics, cybersecurity, digital enterprise strategy, digital and emerging technology enablement, people services, and program management to deliver new offerings on Microsoft’s cloud and data platforms.
The mission of the relationship is to help customers remove barriers to digital adoption, improve employee experiences at work, and maximize companies’ returns on investment in digital technologies.
"By using the combined forces of EY and Microsoft, companies can accelerate into a highly digitally-enabled enterprise and optimize the investments in software they have made over the years," stated EY global chairman and CEO Mark Weinberger. "This is all about helping companies improve their return on investment as they move to a more analytical, automated, cloud-based environment."
By focusing on the large number of Microsoft users, the relationship brings EY’s business, digital, analytic and program management experience to companies via those familiar platforms while allowing them to transition to a more cloud-based experience.
Specifically, the agreement focuses on:
- Jointly delivering business services with Microsoft technologies and EY’s business and technology skills that include advanced program management and purpose-led transformation
- Using this combination of product and expertise to improve cybersecurity across industries
- Deploying a variety of enterprise products on Microsoft Azure while EY collaborates with Microsoft Consulting Services
- Using these Azure-based applications to realize the near-term value out of software and data currently residing in customers’ existing operations
- Establishing co-innovation capabilities on a host of advanced management science applications and helping customers achieve a business advantage from the “internet of things”
"Bringing together EY's advisory services with Microsoft's trusted cloud capabilities will help customers turn data insights into action, deliver measurable business outcomes and accelerate their transformations," stated Kevin Turner, Microsoft’s chief operating officer. "Together we will help customers realize the full benefits of their investments more quickly and utilize technology for strategic advantage."
The current offerings available from EY using Microsoft solutions include:
- Program Performance Center, a scalable service designed for insightful portfolio and program optimization across the enterprise by combining Microsoft Azure, SQL Server, and productivity tools such as Project Server and Power BI with EY's integrated suite of program management processes, data capture and analysis protocols.
- Trusted Cloud, a risk-based cybersecurity approach combining Microsoft cloud technologies, including Azure and Office 365, with real-time visibility.
- 3D Spend Analytics, a predictive, platform-based analytics service using Microsoft’s SQL Server, SharePoint, HPC, HD Insight Hadoop, Azure and Azure Machine Learning to help companies assess spend composition and integrity, identify risks and opportunities, predict patterns, and plan for optimized future spend.
- Digital Program Activation, which, based on EY’s Future of Work methods, combines digital strategy, user-centered design, analytics and consumer marketing with Microsoft technologies to improve employee experience, address digital adoption barriers, and improve ROI for workplace digital technologies.
"As one of Microsoft's largest customers and business service providers, EY brings a unique ability to understand the business impact of Microsoft technologies and services," stated Carmine Di Sibio, EY global managing partner for client service. "As this relationship accelerates, EY and Microsoft expect to develop and launch a series of new business-driven digital offerings to help customers achieve their potential in a better working world."
Under this new arrangement, EY will continue to release an expanding portfolio of digital services.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access