The trustees of the Financial Accounting Foundation announced a number of new members of the councils that advise the standard-setters it oversees, the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
The trustees named five new members to the Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council, which advises FASB on strategic issues, project priorities, and other relevant topics:
- Louis Zahorak, investment director and head of credit research for global fixed income at CalPERS;
- Susan Callahan, director of Americas accounting and global accounting policy at Ford Motor Co.;
- Richard E. Forrestel, treasurer of Cold Spring Construction Co.;
- Bob Mims, controller and director of investments at nonprofit Ducks Unlimited Inc.; and,
- Thomas W. White, a partner and general counsel at WilmerHale.
The new members will serve a one-year term beginning Jan. 1, 2017.
Four FASAC members will finish their terms on Dec. 31, 2016: Linda Griggs, Michael Homan, Marsha Hunt, and Catherine Mickle.
The trustees also named four new members to the Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council, which advises GASB:
- Alan Conroy, executive director of the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System;
- Karen Krop, a senior director at Fitch Ratings;
- Sue Osborn, mayor of the City of Fenton, Mich.;
- Larry Stafford, the audit services manager for Clark County, Vancouver, Wash.
The trustees also reappointed Robert Scott as GASAC chairman.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access