International Firm News:
CPAmerica International’s conference season kicks into full swing with four live meetings in June 2013. The Northeast Partners Meeting in Providence, RI, Marketing Roundtable in Las Vegas, NV, Accounting & Auditing Conference, and Technology Roundtable in San Diego, CA are all available to members looking to continuously improve.
BlumShapiro is hosting its 5K For Charity at the Travelers Championship on June 8 at the TPC River Highlands in Cromwell. … After 40 years of overseeing the financial accounting standard setting process in the U.S., the Financial Accounting Foundation has launched a refreshed visual brand identity for itself and its two standard-setting boards, the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
Cross, Fernandez & Riley LLP released the results of its 4th Annual Central Florida Public Charities Survey. Key findings from the survey results include:
- 64.4 percent of the respondents reported an increase in revenue during their latest fiscal year, while 23 percent reported a decline.
- 56.5 percent of the respondents noted the number of people impacted by their charities increased during their latest fiscal year, which is lower than the 15.3 percent increase in people served in last year’s survey.
- Cash and cash equivalents was the highest average percentage of investments, held at 73.4 percent.
- 69.1 percent of survey respondents reported they were planning to introduce new programs. This number rose significantly from 46 percent last year.
- 61.7 percent of survey respondents reported compensation increases to employees. This is a slight decrease from last year’s survey results of 62 percent.
- The largest increase in fundraising activities in the 2012 survey was special events at 49.4 percent, compared to 28.9 percent last year. … Daszkal Bolton LLP has created the Jeffrey A. Bolton Children’s Education Fund in honor of co-founder Jeff Bolton by making an initial leadership gift of $25,000. Daszkal Bolton wanted to show support for the Bolton family in their moment of grief by establishing this education fund for his children. Jeff Bolton was not only a prominent accountant and successful business leader in the South Florida community, he was also well-known for his commitments to numerous philanthropic causes. …Warren Averett O’Sullivan Creel, a division of Warren Averett LLC is named the “Finest Accounting Firm on the Emerald Coast” in a reader’s choice program launched in 2011 by Freedom Florida, the company that publishes the Northwest Florida Daily News, Destin Log, Walton Sun and Crestview News Bulletin. … CPAmerica International is offering its first international tax series as part of its annual webinar series starting June 11, 2013. This presentation includes an eight-part series beginning with the fundamentals of international tax. The 16-hour series gives CPAmerica members a strong base in all of the facets of international tax including planning techniques.
Moore Colson, has been named a Top 100 Workplace by the Atlanta Journal Constitution for the third consecutive year.
Baker Tilly, Chicago, releases "Why all companies should embrace certain SOX principles" Companies face greater and greater internal and external threats. Internal controls and corporate governance can assist organizations in mitigating certain risks and positioning them to take advantage of new opportunities. Sarbanes-Oxley principles can act as a framework to assist companies in achieving strong corporate governance and internal controls. The firm has also been approved as a registered sponsor on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. The National Registry of CPE Sponsors program is offered by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy to recognize CPE program sponsors who provide continuing professional education programs in accordance with nationally recognized standards.
Grant Thornton LLP has relocated its Minneapolis office within the north tower of the US Bank Plaza at 200 S. 6th St. to floors 14 and 15.
BKD LLP is celebrating 90 years in the business. BKD marked the historic occasion on May 1 with a firm wide celebration reaffirming its commitment to the standards of unmatched client service: Integrity First, True Expertise, Professional Demeanor, Responsive Reliability and Principled Innovation. Ingrained in BKD’s culture, these timeless standards are at the heart of the firm’s continued growth and success.
Friedman LLP ranks as the 19th "Best Place to Work in New Jersey" by New Jersey-based weekly business journal NJBIZ. Companies from across the state competed in a two-part process to determine the 100 Best Places to Work in New Jersey for 2013.
Tax Freedom Day, the date on which Americans will have earned enough money to pay this year’s tax obligations at the federal, state, and local levels, will fall on May 6th for residents of New York, the second latest date in the country. The nationwide date for all Americans, as announced recently by the Tax Foundation, was Thursday, April 18th.
LBMC Security & Risk Services, a division of Lattimore Black Morgan & Cain, PC, earned 1st place in the Symantec Nashville Cyber Readiness Challenge held at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs in Franklin, Tennessee.
Be sure to e-mail your firm news to Tamika.Cody@sourcemedia.com with ‘Firm News’ in the subject line.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access