The 2008 Moss Adams Financial Performance Study of Advisory Firms has just been launched and the company urges advisors to participate. This annual study provides data and insights to help financial advisors across all business models achieve success. The study coverage includes:
- Analysis of the critical practice management issue of all business models, from RIA to broker/dealer affiliated, and hybrid firms
- Consideration of issues unique to each service model, including investment management firms, wealth management firms, advisory firms, and planners
- A focus on the path to best performance for solo practices
- Review of the practice management challenges of the industry’s largest and most advanced firms.
This annual study has been spearheaded by Moss Adams since 1992 and the last edition had more than 700 advisory firms participating. The company says that for the first time, Genworth Financial Wealth Management will exclusively support the study this year. According to Rebecca Pomering, principal of Moss Adams, last year’s study found that dramatic growth of the independent advisory industry created a talent supply shortage that isn’t expected to subside anytime soon. ”We also found that demand pushed up compensation levels by 44%. The 2008 study will analyze what the best firms are doing from a financial and operating perspective to counter a tight labor market. Areas slated for examination include the distribution of ownership and implementation alternatives for efficient service delivery.” All advisory firms in operation for at least a year and generating a minimum of $50,000 in annual revenue are welcome to submit a survey. There is no cost to support and benefit from this important industry research initiative. Participating firms will receive a complimentary copy of the study results and access to a Moss Adams Web cast that will provide an overview of the survey and allow the research team to address questions from the audience. According to Moss Adams, these resources provide a valuable perspective for participating firms in gauging their performance against their peers and the industry at large. The survey can be accessed at www.mossadams.com/2008advisorsurvey. Participants can complete the entire survey online. Individual data reported will be kept strictly confidential and results will only be reported in the aggregate.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access