Accounting firm Gilman Ciocia said it is launching an advertising campaign in South Florida and the New York metropolitan area to attract taxpayers this season.
The campaign encourages taxpayers to start thinking of income taxes as an expense, rather than a fact of life. Created by South Florida-based advertising agency BFW Advertising, the campaign integrates television, radio, print, Web and interactive advertising, direct marketing pieces, and train posters.
Advertising will also appear at various Major League Baseball spring training sites. All the direct mail pieces and advertisements highlight a fact about income taxes and incorporate the theme of the Gilman Ciocia tax team helping taxpayers to plan more to ultimately pay less on their income taxes. One print ad reads, "75% of Americans overpay their taxes. That's what we heard, anyway. We're actually pretty tight with the other 25%."
The TV commercials use the analogy of a dripping faucet and apply it to overpaying on income taxes. The commercial ends with Gilman Ciocia's chairman standing in front of the sink saying, "I'm Jim Ciocia. Let my tax team at Gilman Ciocia change the way you think about taxes." The new spot can be seen on CNN, Fox News, CNBC, ESPN and the Food Network.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access