Tax services provider H&R Block has launched a new product to help DIY taxpayers e-file with more convenience.
More Zero offers free filing for federal forms 1040EZ, 1040A and 1040 with Schedule A plus a state return. Filers who can prepare and file federal and state returns for free include:
- 1040EZ filers who generally file single or married filing jointly and have no dependents;
- 1040A filers who may have student loan interest, educator expenses or even a tuition and fees deduction; and
- 1040 Schedule A filers who itemize because of mortgage payments, charitable donations or medical expenses.
To file with More Zero, users can take a picture of their W-2 with a smartphone and import information from the image. They can also import last year’s return — as well as any new information — whether it was prepared online or on paper using the drag and drop feature.
“H&R Block More Zero gives more taxpayers than ever a free federal and state filing option – even if they itemize their deductions,” said Heather Watts, H&R Block vice president and general manager of digital products, in a statement.
Also new this year, all H&R Block Online products allow the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) to be claimed without any additional costs.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access