IMA premieres podcast series
The Institute of Management Accountants launched a new podcast series Tuesday called “Count Me In,” featuring perspectives on accounting and finance from industry experts.
Topics include emerging technologies, business innovation and the future of the accounting profession. The podcast, produced by the IMA's Education and Career Services, aims to bring timely information to accounting, finance and business professionals.
IMA has released five episodes of "Count Me In" featuring various experts discussing a variety of topics. They include:
- Pierce Kohls, CFO at TENTE Canada Inc., discussing implementation of emerging technologies in accounting and finance;
- Sean Stein Smith, assistant professor of Lehman College, discussing blockchain and how it fits into the accounting profession;
- Andy Burrows, CEO of Supercharged Finance and Finance Transformer, discussing strategic business innovation;
- Daniel Smith, head of innovation at Theory Lane Integration Solutions, discussing opportunities created by data and technology for accounting and finance professionals; and
- Ariel Markelevich, associate professor at Suffolk University, discussing why accountants should care about blockchain.
New episodes will be added with guests from various industries and disciplines.
"With the rapid changes we are seeing in the management accounting profession, we wanted to create a platform where professionals can more readily receive information and act on it," said IMA vice president of education and career services Debbie Warner in a statement. "Our podcast is the perfect medium to deliver expertise to individuals as they are easily accessible and digestible in our 24/7 news culture."
"Count Me In" is available for listening and subscribing on iTunes, Spotify, RSS, Google Play, and on the IMA website. For more information, visit the IMA's "Count Me In" page.