Intuit released new editions Monday of QuickBooks 2013, including Accountant, Pro, and Premier, with numerous key enhancements including an entirely new interface.
Of specific interest to accountants, Intuit has added numerous tools to the Accountant edition aimed at helping accountants save time in their workflow, invoicing and navigation. The latest version offers improved centers for key customer information and transactions, along with additional tabs, a “send journal entry” workflow feature, and the ability to batch-enter transactions such as check deposits and credit card charges.
“Every year we ask what are the two or three big things we can add,” said product manager for QuickBooks Accountant Jacint Tumacder. “We also get feedback on lots of little things. While we did the big things, in this version, we said, ‘Let’s go back and make it work really well for all of our users.’ We did that through dozens of ‘delighter’ enhancements, including a completely new interface, which is familiar but optimized for efficiency.”
Other notable improvements in QuickBooks 2013 Accountant include the ability to
• batch enter up to 1,000 transactions from Excel into QuickBooks.
• email journal entries to clients directly from QuickBooks, and clients can click to import the entries automatically from an email attachment.
• edit and format custom financial statements and documents using familiar Microsoft Excel and Word functions. These reports can be created for distinct client business types, and the data is automatically refreshed.
• have one-click access to the tools used the most. This customizable feature includes the new Reconcile Widget, which provides a fresh look at account balances, reconciled balance and last reconciled date all in one place.
For more information, visit www.quickbooks.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access