Intuit has released the new QuickBooks Accountant Apps Program to help accountants more efficiently provide and manage apps for their clients.
Apps in the program were selected by Intuit based on recommendations from accountants. All of the apps are compatible with QuickBooks Online and support single sign-on via QuickBooks Online Accountant. The program begins rolling out in March, and is expected to be available to all QuickBooks Online Accountant users in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia by late April.
If accountants select partner apps through the new program, they can take advantage of preferred pricing when purchasing those apps on behalf of clients. They can also receive one consolidated, itemized bill each month for all the apps they provision through the program.
The first apps available in the QuickBooks Accountant Apps Program are:
- Circulus, for business bill pay
- Expensify, for expense management
- Float, for cash flow management and planning
- Method: CRM, for customer relationship management
- Excel Transaction Importer
- ServiceM8, a field service solution
- SOS Inventory, for inventory, ordering and manufacturing business management
- Tsheets, for time tracking and employee scheduling.
Intuit plans to add new apps to the program in the coming months. App selection will vary by country, based on regional needs.
“The QuickBooks Accountant Apps Program simplifies app selection, connection and management directly within QuickBooks Online Accountant,” said Rich Preece, leader of Intuit’s accountant segment, small business and self employed group, in a statement. “But more importantly, this new program helps accounting professionals be more of a trusted advisor to their small business clients because they are able to recommend and easily implement apps that help their clients be more successful.”
Apps included in the program can be accessed directly from the apps tab in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access