Intuit searches for 2018 'Firms of the Future'
Intuit has opened its 2018 Global Firm of the Future contest, in which bookkeeping, full-service accounting and tax firms based in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States and, for the first time, India, are welcome to enter. The winning firm will earn the title of Intuit QuickBooks Global Firm of the Future, and a share in $135,000 in prizes.
This year, firms are asked to include a story of how they have helped a small business client overcome a challenge and achieve success. Prizes will include cash and an all-expense paid trip to Intuit’s annual QuickBooks Connect conference, held November 5-7, 2018 in San Jose, Calif., where the grand prize winner will be revealed. Intuit will also be making a donation of up to $25,000 to Kiva.org during the public voting phase of the contest that determines the global winner.
“We are continuously amazed by the inspiring work of our accounting and tax partners, and we expect this year’s contest to be another exceptional showcasing of their work and the success they help small business clients achieve,” said Rich Preece, global leader of the accountant segment, small business and self employed group at Intuit. “We want to celebrate the firms that embrace new innovations, push boundaries and evolve their practices with technology all in the pursuit of prosperity for clients.”
Preece, plus an international panel of qualified judges from Intuit’s small business and self employed group and accountant segment, will select a total of five finalists (one from each participating country) as well as 10 runners-up from all submissions, regardless of location.
The call for entries is now open and runs until August 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Bookkeeping, full-service accounting and/or tax firms based in Australia, Canada (except Quebec), India, the United Kingdom and United States can enter by going to this website: http://intuit.me/FOTF2018.
To submit an entry, firms will need to answer the following questions (in 200 words or fewer) to demonstrate why they deserve to be named the 2018 Intuit QuickBooks Global Firm of the Future:
- How many small business clients do you serve for accounting, bookkeeping and/or tax needs?
- What percentage of your small business clients use QuickBooks Online?
- Explain how you save time for your firm and your clients by leveraging cloud-based accounting technologies, including QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant and any third party applications.
- Describe what advisory services you perform on behalf of your clients to help them avoid pitfalls and identify growth opportunities. Please include how technology and the products you use play a role in your ability to deliver these services.
- Tell us how your firm is leveraging the Web, digital marketing and social media to interact with clients, reach new prospects and grow.
Share a story of how you have leveraged cloud-based accounting technologies (including QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant and/or any third party applications) to help a specific client prosper and achieve success.
6. Firms will also need to upload one photo (collages including multiple images are permitted) that best exemplifies how it is a Firm of the Future.
By entering this contest, firms acknowledge that they have read and agree to these Official Rules.