KSCPA announces 2018 scholarship recipients
The Educational Foundation of the Kansas Society of CPAs has announced the 2018 recipients of its general graduate scholarships, undergraduate scholarships, and faculty grants.
The KSCPA annually offers 14 student scholarships – seven for graduate students and seven for undergraduates. Scholarships are awarded to top accounting students at Kansas Board of Regents universities, as well as Washburn University. Winners are selected by accounting faculty.
The following graduate students (or graduate school candidates) were presented with $2,500 scholarships for 2018:
- Jordan Crupper - Emporia State University
- Humberto Granada-Ovelar - Pittsburg State University
- Tanner Harrison - University of Kansas
- Ashlyn Lane - Washburn University
- Peter Marston - Fort Hays State University
- Jennifer Nguyen - Wichita State University
- Samantha Thompson - Kansas State University
The following undergraduate students were presented with $2,250 undergraduate scholarships for 2018:
- Tanner Balsters - Emporia State University
- Anna Beyer - Kansas State University
- Anna-Lura Frisbie - Fort Hays State University
- Jessica Johnson - Wichita State University
- Trae Shelton - Washburn University
- Bailey Thompson - University of Kansas
- Colin Webber - Pittsburg State University
The KSCPA also issued nine faculty grants, totaling $4,800, to Kansas colleges and universities committed to educating CPAs.
Colleges and universities receiving 2018 grants include:
- Emporia State University
- Fort Hays State University
- Kansas State University
- McPherson College
- Mid America Nazarene
- Pittsburg State University
- University of Kansas
- Washburn University
- Wichita State University
For more on the KSCPA Educational Foundation scholarships, head to the Society's site here.