Legal Web site Daubert Tracker will offer discounted access to members of the Business Valuation and Forensic & Litigation Services Section of the American Institute of CPAs.
"Daubert Tracker is well regarded within the CPA and legal professions as an important tool in preparing financial testimony," said director of AICPA specialized communities and credentialing Andrea Carella, in a statement.
According to the AICPA, Daubert Tracker can specifically help CPAs who provide expert witness testimony by:
- Aiding them in understanding how individual courts and judges regard financial testimony;
- Preparing CPAs for rebuttal testimony;
- Sharpening their advice to attorney clients who have retained them to challenge opposing financial experts;
- Identifying new and emerging methodologies used in financial testimony;
- Helping guard against potential challenges to a CPA's own methodologies and opinions; and,
- Providing convenient access to court documents and briefs that contain arguments attorneys have used for and against the exclusion of expert testimony.
"Daubert Tracker prides itself in being a go-to resource for professionals who provide expert witness testimony in financial matters," said Myles Levin, the president of MDEX Online Inc., the parent company for Daubert Tracker, in a statement. "An increasing number of CPAs are in that space and looking for tools and guidance to help them prepare for their courtroom appearances; Daubert Tracker has a proven track record of providing that assistance."The Daubert Tracker Web site is located at www.dauberttracker.com. More information on the AICPA offer is available at http://bvfls.aicpa.org/Daubert+Tracker.htm.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access