The board of trustees of the Financial Accounting Foundation has appointed nine new members to the Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council, effective Jan. 1, 2011.
The FASAC is responsible for advising the Financial Accounting Standards Board on technical issues, project priorities, and other matters that affect standard setting.
Members of the FASAC are chosen from a broad cross-section of FASB’s constituencies, including preparers, users, practitioners, associations, academics, and others interested or involved in financial reporting. They are selected based on their professional expertise and in consideration of the need to bring a wide variety of constituent views to the table.
The following new members will begin their term on the FASAC effective Jan. 1, 2011:
User (Investor) Community
• Charles K. Bobrinskoy, vice chairman, Ariel Investments
• Gail L. Hanson, deputy executive director, State of Wisconsin Investment Board
• Alan M. Meder, senior vice president, Duff & Phelps Investment Management Company
Preparer (Corporate) Community
• Prat S. Bhatt, vice president, corporate controller and principal accounting officer, Cisco Systems, Inc.
• Marc A. Delametter, vice president of accounting/controller, QuikTrip Corporation
• Jamie S. Miller, CPA, vice president—controller and chief accounting officer, General Electric Company
Practitioner (Audit) Community
• Carmen L. Bailey, partner, KPMG
• Sandra J. Peters, CPA, CFA, head, Financial Reporting Policy Group, CFA Institute
• Samuel J. Levenson, senior vice president of investor relations, Sony Corporation of America
In addition to the new appointees, the FAF reappointed FASAC Chairman Dennis Chookaszian and 27 current FASAC members.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access