The New York State Society of CPAs and the Council of Community Services of New York State Inc. are seeking nominations for the 2006 Michael H. Urbach CPA Community Builder's Award.
The award, initiated in 2004, is named in honor of Urbach, the first CPA to serve as New York State Commissioner of Taxation and Finance, and a former partner and executive vice president of the UHY Advisors Inc. Urbach had a significant impact on New York's nonprofit community through his board participation and leadership.
CPA nominees must:
- Be a member in good standing of the New York society;
- Have demonstrated exemplary volunteer board leadership and service benefiting charitable organizations by serving as president or chairperson of at least three boards of directors; and,
- Whose board service has resulted in significant and positive organizational impact including, but not limited to, financial turn-around, growth and/or organizational re-structuring.
Preference will be given to nominees whose board leadership accomplishments have been with community-based charities.Seven packets of nomination materials must be submitted and received by June 1. Submissions should include letters of support from the charities who have benefited from candidate's volunteer leadership.
Materials should be sent to:
Urbach Community Builders Award Committee Council of Community Services of New York State Inc. 272 Broadway Albany, New York 12082
CCSNYS executive director Doug Sauer can be contacted with further questions at (800) 515-5012, ext. 103, or by e-mail at email@example.com. More information is also available at www.ccsnys.org/cf06/commaward.html.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access