NYSSCPA names 2019-2020 'Excellence in Accounting' scholarship recipients
The New York State Society of CPAs' Moynihan Scholarship Fund announced that 76 New York State students have received its Excellence in Accounting Scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The scholarships, which provide financial assistance to New York accounting majors, are presented to students in $2,500, $1,250, $1,000 and $500 amounts, with $165,000 awarded in all.
To be considered for the scholarship, students must be declared accounting majors with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher and eligible for financial aid.
The Moynihan Scholarship Fund also honored four students who had previously graduated from the NYSSCPA’s Career Opportunities in the Accounting Profession (COAP) program with $10,000 scholarships. The scholarships are awarded to high school graduates who are pursuing accounting programs in college, and are presented over five years toward their tuition in a New York state college or university.
The 2019 Moynihan Scholarship Fund’s Excellence in Accounting Scholarship recipients, listed by school, are as follows:
- Adelphi University: Pierce Gierloff, Sanjeda Begum, Donato Moneta
- Alfred University: Angelica Sudore, Kelley Staub, Kourtney Keys
- Baruch College: Jana Knauerova, Brian Mulvaney, Huibin Liu, Sinn Munn Siow, Stephanie Wu, Yan Chen, Ka Ren Liu, Maria Wu Cen, Joseph Bordino, Xi Chen, Qi Liu, Kai Chen, Qiyu Liao, Christian Buonamassa
- Canisius College: Jessica Kamienowski, Nicholas Myers, Kyle Murphy, Brianna LaPrell
- The College of Saint Rose: Tiyana Epperson
- Fordham University: Huiling Cai, Michelle Cheng
- Hunter College: Ying Weng, Marlene Uraga
- Iona College: Jamie Swenton, Malick Camara, Alizette Hidalgo, Rainier Guzman
- Ithaca College: Luciarose Barone
- Manhattan College: Caroline Ferri, Sarah Poons, Jazmin Savigne, Michele Rodriguez
- Mercy College: Chen Chen, Eonathan Constanza Santana
- Molloy College: Jessica Colombo, Kayla-Marie Lapitan, James Moore
- Mount Saint Mary’s College: Jose Colotlacuateco
- Nazareth College: Lul Ibrahim
- Niagara University: William Acevedo
- New York University: Varinia Munoz, Dorothy Yuen, Philipp Tereshenko, Chase Lin, Dena Samad
- Rochester Institute of Technology: Priscilla Coats
- Siena College: Owen Walker
- St. Francis College: PeiJi Chen
- St. John’s University, Staten Island: Joselyn Matamoros
- St. Joseph’s College: Maria Aruanna
- SUNY Albany: Adrian Hernandez
- SUNY Binghamton: Mia Germaine
- SUNY Buffalo: Scott Boehnke, Euijeong Wu, Tibor Von Maier, Anita Lin, Carly Gugino, Montana Copeland, Quinn Hodson
- SUNY Fredonia: Russell Mistretta and Brittany Tuzzo
- SUNY Geneseo: Angel Qiu, Allison Ludlow, Tomas Cesar
- SUNY New Paltz: Hweida Sero, Natalie Yee
- SUNY Oneonta: Martin Stone
- SUNY Oswego: Brianah Lane, Wen Shi
- Syracuse University: Andrea Borkowski
The 2019 COAP Scholarship recipients, listed by school, are as follows:
- Adelphi University: Daniel Hernandez
- Rochester Institute of Technology: Christian Jerry Hernandez
- SUNY New Paltz: Adaeyja Chambers and Kajol Jatin Chudgar
For more on the Excellence in Accounting Scholarship, head to the NYSSCPA's site here.