In addition to those products named in our Top 100 List, each year our editors spotlight a number of products that caught our attention - and deserve yours.* 1040Scan (SurePrep LLC): Scanning software that automatically inputs data from source documents directly into tax software, and also organizes and bookmarks source documents into PDF files.
* Alere Accounting (TIW Technology Inc.): Accounting software aimed at small to midsized companies with heavy inventory requirements.
* Archive Studio for Accounting (DocuLex Inc.): A Web-enabled document management system created for small and midsized CPA firms and accounting departments.
* BasisPro (GainsKeeper, a part of Wolters Kluwer Financial Services): Cost-basis calculation software for all U.S. equities and mutual funds.
* Ceridian Payroll Processing (Ceridian Corp.): A range of payroll processing and tax filing services.
* CoolBar (CCH): An add-on to CCH's ProSystem fx Practice Management that lets users access real-time financial data from within Microsoft Outlook.
* Engagement CS (Thomson Tax & Accounting): An engagement management solution with trial balance capabilities.
* ILumen Financial Information Network (iLumen Inc.): Financial benchmarking software created by CPAs.
* LexisNexis InterAction (LexisNexis): A customer relationship management solution designed for professional services firms.
* LexisNexis TaxCenter (LexisNexis): This year-old tax research platform continues to bulk up on resources.
8 NetClient CS (Thomson Tax & Accounting): Secure portals that let firms provide clients with round-the-clock access to documents, bookkeeping software, tax organizers, and more.
* Peachtree Quantum (Sage Software Inc.): The top of Sage's Peachtree accounting line, with support for up to 10 users.
* ProSeries Basic Edition (Intuit Inc.): Tax prep software aimed at seasonal or part-time tax professionals preparing an average of 100 1040 returns a year.
* ProSystem fx Knowledge Tools (CCH): An audit methodology solution for ProSystem fx for the new AICPA risk assessment standards.
* Run, Powered by ADP (ADP Small Business Services): Online payroll aimed at accountants who service small businesses.
* SageWorks Analyst (SageWorks Inc.): Web-based analysis, forecasting and projection software.
* TaxAlmanac.org (Intuit Inc.): A free wiki-style tax research resource based on the contributions of a community of over 20,000 registered tax professionals.
* UltraTax/1040 Portals (Thomson Tax & Accounting): Secure online portals where clients can access completed tax returns throughout the year, and complete tax organizers.
* V-Tax (Petz Enterprises Inc.): A Web-based professional tax software solution for service bureaus and multi-office companies.
* XCM (XCM Solutions LLC): A Web-based workflow and information automation solution designed by CPAs.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access