A roundup of recent hires, promotions, awards and other personnel news from firms across the country.
Five women who serve as models for female CPAs received Women to Watch Awards from the California Society of CPAs. (See the story.) … Sophia Boutilier and Fiona Leung have joined the San Francisco office of KPMG as managing directors in the international tax practice and the federal tax practice, respectively. … Matt Covington has joined the commercial restructuring practice of Alvarez & Marsal, Los Angeles, as a managing director. … Michael Kinstlick has joined the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board as chief of standards-setting.
Walter Henderson and Aaron Maguire have joined the Atlanta office of KPMG as partners in the international tax practice and the federal tax practice, respectively, while Patrick Browne has joined as a managing director in the M&A tax practice.
Frank O’Connor has joined RSM US LLP, Chicago, as a senior director and the financial institutions tax consulting leader for the Great Lakes region.
TrinSoft, Lexington, announced a number of new hires: Audra Meighan has joined the firm as a marketing coordinator; Paula Durst has joined the administrative team as a bookkeeper; Heather Nichol has joined the TrinDocs team; Mark Jenkins has joined the firm as a Microsoft Dynamics NAV developer; and Chelsea Gerstle has joined the firm as a Microsoft Dynamics consultant.
Audra Mitchell has joined the Washington National Tax Practice of KPMG as a managing director based in Kansas City.
Lisa McKnight of Lassus Wherley, New Providence, has joined the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors.
Howard Foote, office managing partner of the Capital Region at UHY LLP, has been re-elected chairman of the Board of Trustees of Siena College. The appointment is effective through June 2019. … Cathy Engelbert, CEO of Deloitte, was named one of Working Mother’s 50 Most Powerful Moms of 2016. … Henric A. Adey has joined the Tax Department of EisnerAmper LLP, New York, and will lead the firm’s transfer pricing practice. … Evan Blum has joined has joined the commercial restructuring practice of Alvarez & Marsal, New York City as a managing director, while Craig Walling has joined Financial Industry Advisory Services Group as a managing director, and Kevin Ferguson as a senior director. … Larry Abowitz has joined Mitchell Titus, New York, as an executive director in the tax services practice.
Eide Bailly LLP, Fargo, accepted 14 new partners: Thomas Ahrens, Pam Eggert, Toby Hazen, Angie Hillestad, David Frank, Ann Glenz, Sara Kurtz, Katie Moch, Ben Peeler, Brad Poll, Jill Schneider, Todd Sorenson, Amber Tyler and Brian Unsen.
Michael Van Himbergen, a financial advisor with Skoda Minotti Financial Services, has earned the Certified Financial Planner designation from the CFP Board.
Randy Staggers has joined Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP, Pittsburgh, as a partner in the governance, risk and compliance services practice.
Scott Moore has joined the Rainmaker Companies as a senior vice president. (See the story.) … The NASBA Center for the Public Trust gave Kevin Y. Brown its Being a Difference Award in recognition of his exceptional contributions to ethical leadership. Brown serves as president of Legacy Thinking Labs, a public speaking and consulting firm.
Brian Wing has joined the management team of Ryan, Dallas, as a senior vice president and chief financial officer. … Lance Foreman has joined PwC as a partner in the human resource services practice in PwC Tax. He is based in Houston.
Jean Lacoste, senior instructor for accounting and information systems at the Pamplin College of Business at Virginia Tech, has received the university’s 2016 Diggs Teaching Scholars Award.
The Center for Audit Quality and the Auditing Section of the American Accounting Association gave four awards for the Access to Audit Personnel Program, choosing the following projects to support:
- A Bright Side to Client Accountability: Accountability to the Client Enhances the Quality and Independence of Auditor Judgment when Accuracy Goals Are Primed, by Emily Griffith, University of Wisconsin-Madison; Kathryn Kadous, Emory University; and Donald Young, The Georgia Institute of Technology
- Does Implementing an Auditor Judgment Rule Increase Auditors’ Likelihood of Conducting More Innovative Procedures? by Yoon Kang, University of Massachusetts – Amherst; David Piercey, University of Massachusetts – Amherst; and Andrew Trotman, Northeastern University
- The Impact of Inferences About Work Paper Default Options on Auditors’ Sensitivity to Changes in Risk, by Tracie Majors, University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign; Sarah Bonner, University of Southern California; and Stacey Ritter, University of Southern California
- Improving Auditors’ Evidence Collection and Evaluation by Mitigating the Impact of Conflicting Incentives, by Daniel Zhou, Emory University
Send your personnel announcements to AcToday@SourceMedia.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access