I always tell people I'm one firm better than the last firm I worked with - and it's true. Throughout nearly 20 years of consulting to over 500 CPA firms, I've learned what the best practices are from dozens of world-class firms I've been privileged to work with.The 25 best, in no special order, are:
1. Proactive business-getting efforts; lots of team selling. The best accounting firms are active in practice development. Partners actively build their networks and nurture their referral sources. One managing partner told me that at his firm, "If a partner meets with a prospect alone, he gets shot." Team selling, rather than individual selling, is the norm at the best firms.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access