DELOITTE ISSUES FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY REPORT
Deloitte has released an interactive online corporate responsibility report for fiscal 2009. It's the second year of the firm's formal corporate responsibility program. Some highlights from the report:
* Deloitte continued to provide up to $50 million in pro bono services to eligible nonprofits, with more than 100 projects completed or underway.
* The firm established a Green Leadership Council representing all of its regions; established the U.S. firm's carbon footprint baseline and the measurement of carbon performance for fiscal 2009; and established LEED design criteria for all new and refurbished office space.
* Revenue generated by Deloitte's Enterprise Sustainability Group exceeded projections by more than 50 percent. The group is comprised of more than 500 practitioners delivering services in the areas of CR and sustainability strategy, CR and sustainability reporting, energy investment, climate change and sustainability risk management, green IT and other related services.
OHIO SOCIETY LAUNCHES PROUD 2B A CPA
The Ohio State Society of CPAs has rolled out a new marketing strategy, Proud 2B a CPA, to help CPAs promote the value of their license and distinguish themselves from other non-certified accounting professionals. The program teaches CPAs how to effectively market their own practices by covering fundamentals such as building a marketing plan, and using tactics such as advertising, direct mail, social media and community outreach.
The program includes a video, "Who is your trusted business advisor?" which can be downloaded by members at www.ohioscpa.com/content/42508.aspx and used for presentations or posted to firm sites. A tool kit has also been developed that includes a comprehensive guide to marketing a CPA practice, complete with templates and other resources.
OSCPA members may download the Proud 2B a CPA marketing guide and templates at www.ohioscpa.com/content/membership.aspx.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access