Big Four Firm PricewaterhouseCoopers has awarded $700,000 in grants to 26 colleges and universities to accelerate their respective curricula on International Financial Reporting Standards.
PwC said the grants were part of an overall $1 million commitment to support IFRS education.
The grants will be used toward:
• Updating primary instruction materials used in a two-semester intermediate accounting course;
• Transforming course syllabi and textbooks to include IFRS;
• Enhancing the focus on international business and accounting issues across the entire curriculum, with specific focus on incorporating IFRS topics into all levels of the accounting courses.
In addition to the grants, PwC is also providing educational material directly to students and faculty through a suite of Web-based videos and tools available at www.pwc.tv.
Currently, IFRS has been adopted by roughly 12,000 companies in 100 countries.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access