QuickBooks Desktop 2018 features announced
Intuit has revealed the new and updated features for QuickBooks Desktop 2018. All the updated options are available on QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Accountant 2018 and Enterprise 18.0.
The new features are as follows:
- Multi-monitor support. Users can use up to three connected monitors to view multiple pages.
- Payroll liability payment reminder. This feature is available to those who have an Enhanced Payroll subscription. When payroll liability payments are within seven days of their scheduled payment due date, the home page will display a red marker on the Pay Liabilities icon.
- Past due stamp on invoices. Users have the option to print “past due” on invoices, but can also turn this feature off. Users can also choose to print the past due notice on either emailed or printed invoice, or can customize it invoice to invoice.
- Merge vendor records. This feature provides a consolidated window to identify and merge duplicate vendor records. Users can search and sort for both active and/or inactive vendors, for the purpose of merging duplicate records. Up to four individual vendor records can be selected, one designated as the master record, then merged together. Users can optionally update vendor record fields on the master record before merging.
- Copy and paste keyboard shortcuts. Users can now copy and paste entire transaction rows with the shortcuts Ctrl+Alt+Y and Ctrl+Alt+V. This feature works for invoices, estimates, sales receipts, sales orders, credit memos, purchase orders and timesheets.
- Cash/accrual toggle on reports. Users can toggle displayed reports between cash or accrual basis. According to an Intuit blog post, This feature has been in high demand from customers.
Updated features include:
- Search chart of accounts. There is a new search box on the chart of accounts window that can be used to find and select a chart of account or sub-account by typing an account number, account name or partial words of an account name. Previously, users had to scroll through the list to find what they were looking for.
- Email security. Users can edit email preferences now to use “enhanced security,” which will enable security for emails sent from Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail, MSN and Windows Live accounts through QuickBooks.
- Mobile inventory scanning. Business users can pick quantities at a warehouse using a barcode device or Android phone to record inventory.
- Sales order fulfillment workflow. Users now have access access to picklist details on a mobile device that’s connected wirelessly to a QuickBooks Enterprise (QBE) file with Advanced Inventory, and real-time access to the status of sales order fulfillment in QBE. They also have the option to print the picklists and update the picked quantity manually in QuickBooks
- Inventory report customization. This feature now provides customizable display options added to the following inventory reports: inventory valuation summary or detail, inventory stock status by item, and assembly shortage by item.
For more detailed information on how to access each of these upgraded features, click here.