RSM Foundation donates $100K in scholarships for 2017-18
Top 5 Firm RSM US announced this week that 10 students will receive $10,000 scholarships each ($100,000 in all) for the 2017-18 academic year, courtesy of the RSM US Foundation’s inaugural "Power Your Education" national scholarship.
Students were selected based on criteria including the pursuit of relevant accounting and related business degrees, accordance to RSM’s core values, and a 30-second video response to what RSM's motto of "The Power of Being Understood" meant to them.
“The RSM US Foundation launched Power Your Education this year to help build the business leaders of tomorrow,” stated Doug Opheim, CFO for RSM and chairman of the board for the RSM US Foundation. “We know that by investing in today’s youth, we’re investing in the future. It’s exciting to be able to help these promising students on their educational journeys."
This year’s scholarship winners are as follows:
- Fatima Batool - California State University, Northridge
- Stephanie Charen - Arizona State University
- Jesus Juarez - University of Houston, Bauer College of Business
- Lydia Mammen - University of Houston
- Suede Mora - Texas A&M University
- Katerine Ryan - Binghamton University
- Harrison Schodt - East Carolina University
- Taylor Sledz - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Andrew Stearns - University of Washington, Seattle
- Meagan Vincent - The University of Alabama
Each student will also receive an invitation to RSM’s externship program, Pathways, for Summer 2017.
For more on the Power Your Education program and more information on the winners, head to the firm's site here.